If anyone knows how to pack for a mini break, it’s Lisa and Tracey, the co-founders of Palmaira Sandals de Menorca, who split their time between bases in London and Menorca. Here are their top tips for packing light this Easter break, plus their favourite Menorcan hot-spots.
WHAT TO TAKE
I think key is keeping it simple, taking things that will pack down nicely and you will feel comfortable in. We load up on basics that will take us from day to night.
1. A great tee – we’ve found Anine Bing does the best
2. Super soft cotton dresses from our favourite brand, Le Salty Label fit right in, from fiestas to fine dining.
3. Levis’ denim shorts and a Breton top are always a winner for laid back days on the beach.
4. A fabulous bright bikini and a lightweight Kaftan in a bold print are musts for moving from beach to bar, day to night.
5. Our Palmaira Sandals are so easy to pack down that we have enough shoes for everyday of the week.
For hand luggage we are really into Away carry-ons as they come with a USB charger built in. Perfect for working trips away or when you’ve forgotten the plug adaptor!
IN THE WASHBAG
Elizabeth Ardens Eight Hour Miracle Oil is a total must! After a long day of sea and sun, I even put it on my hair! A great self tan is essential. We are obsessed with Legology’s Sun-Lite Sheer Lingerie to give us that sun-kissed glow, and a leg brush as an easy way to smooth and soften the skin.
WHERE TO GO!
In the small town of Es Migjorn there are some amazing restaurants and bars, but our favourite is Bar Chic. Not only is the food INCREDIBLE but the views of the rolling hills make it well worth a visit. Then a stone throw away is Bar Peri, just a small local bar, but a regular hang-out for all our friends and family.
Our local beach, Playa de Santo Tomas, is our favorite beach, and Cala Pregonda is amazing snorkeling.
Casa Del Lago Hotel in Cala’n Bosch does have a pretty amazing spa if you do fancy a massage (and a Mojito!)